Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Twinkie Night

Last night at AWANA was Twinkie night. I guess they want the kids to eat Twinkies so that their bodies will be preserved for the resurrection. Anyway, I picked up Tirzah and she wanted to know if she could eat it. It already looked nasty, she had sqeezed the package and so the twinkie was all mashed. I said no she couldn't because it had wheat in it. Her little eyes welled with tears and I told her she could eat the white cream. She then proceeded to take her fingers and put them into the cream, remove them, and put them in her mouth. I was talking to someone and finally told Tirzah to throw it away. She complied. (I wanted to save our cars interior from the Twinkie and it was getting disgusting).

On my way out, I grabbed two Twinkies thinking I would cut them open and scoop out the cream, so Azariah could have some. When we arrived home I told Tirzah and Azariah to go inside and get ready for bed while I went to get Talitha from Gramgees house. When I came inside the house, Azariah had not done any of his chores and he had mashed (just like Tirzah had done) both packages of Twinkies trying to get the cream out. So much for my well thought out plan of how to remove the preservative laced cream from the center of a yellow dyed sugar loaf. Needless to say, Azariah had white preservatives all over his face and hands. The Twinkies ended up in the trash and I did not have a taste of the white cream.

No comments: