Thursday, March 13, 2008

Azariah's answer

In our house, each night we have family worship time. This time consists of singing, reading the Word, usually reading some type of devotional and prayer. Tirzah is always quick to answer the questions and she is usually correct with her answers. This is due to the fact that she listens better than Azariah. If Azariah would listen better he would probably be a better question answerer. Because of this, we ask our questions first to Azariah and then let Tirzah answer correctly or fill in the gaps Azariah left out. He is getting better and learning to listen. Yet, he still has some work to do.

This evening, during family worship, I was reminded what I say many times a day to our son. I read James 1:19-20
This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.
Gil proceeded to ask Azariah a question to make sure he was listening.

Gil: "Azariah, we are to be slow to speak and quick to what?"
Azariah: "Quick to pick up."

I had to turn my head away and stifle a laugh. My son hears me say "Quickly, Azariah, quickly" a lot during the day and many times picking up toys is the subject. I guess it is sinking in that I want him to do things quickly, now if he would do things quickly...

No comments: