Saturday, March 29, 2008

My first time...

Today, I went to the grocery store. Gil took Tirzah, Azariah and Zebadiah for a bike ride and I left with Talitha to go to the grocery store. I got out of the car walked to the front door where some kids were selling Dominoes Pizza cards as a fun raiser. I informed them that I couldn't eat Dominoes Pizza and wasn't going to buy one. I then went the store and grabbed a little cart with space for two of the carring baskets. I walk down the produce isle to were the cheeses are and start looking for cheese. Then I think "I wonder how Gil and the kids are doing on their bike ride." Then I think "I wonder how Talitha is doing..." It then hits me that I took Talitha with me in the car and since she isn't with me right now, that means she is still in the car...

I run through the store pushing my partly full shopping cart, I leave it at the front door as I run to the car. Their she is sleeping away not even knowing that Mommy left her in the car for about 5 minutes. I take her in her car seat into the store and grab my groceries to finish shopping. The kids selling the pizza cards ask me again if I want one. I didn't want them to think "She just walked in without a baby and now she is walking back in with a baby." So I just said no and didn't mention I couldn't eat Dominoes Pizza.

I do want you to know that this is the first time I have ever forgotten one of my children somewhere. She was so quite.

1 comment:

Angela said...

That is funny - really. My mom did that with Valerie once. We were all going somewhere, mom got us all ready, loaded Becky and I in the car, got in and said - OK - and dad says - Aren't you going to bring Valerie? :) Ha!