Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Another Birth Annoucement

Fructose, one of our kids from last year, had her kids this afternoon. I was inside with the window open looking at books on Amazon and feeding Talitha when I heard a bleating that I was pretty sure meant one of my four does was having labor pains. I can't blame them for the bleating...having just had Talitha three weeks ago :-).

Anyway, I go out to the barn and Fructose was definitely in labor with the nose of one of the kids just coming out. I hurried back inside, put Talitha in her swing and headed back to the barn. Fructose proceeded to have three kids, 2 bucks and 1 doe. After the first two bucks were born I was hoping one would be a doe. She did well with the deliver but wanted nothing to do with them for about the first hour and a half. I had to feed my own little one so I went in and left her alone. But when I went back out she was licking her kids and letting them eat. I was very happy since I don't have a nipple to feed them right now and I wasn't looking forward to milking Fructose today.

Pepper

Coco

Fructose and Snowflake

We have three more does due to kid this month...It should be fun.

No comments: