Saturday, May 5, 2007

The wonder under boy...

We had the delight of eating at Chick-fil-a. It was Gil, me, Tirzah, Azariah and Zeb. After eating the chicken and waffle fries, the children were delighted to have some strawberry shake. What a treat. Tirzah had finished and scampered off to play in the play area. Azariah, wanting to play also, but not willing to leave before every last drop of shake was gone, continues to eat his shake. Finally between bites, our little boy who at times thinks it is easier to go potty in his pants then it is to stop doing what he is doing says, "I had an accident."

Gil looked over and didn't see his pants wet. I walked around the table and found a nice puddle on the floor under his chair. Gil was hoping that when the lady had mopped the floor earlier she had missed that spot. She hadn't. You know the nylon wind pants that don't absorb water? Well, Azariah had a pair of those on. So instead of soaking into his pants, it ran out his pant leg onto the floor.

I picked him up and took him to the car. I started scrounging around, trying to find something to put on him. Since we still had to go shopping, this was a desperate search. There was one problem though. Some people enjoy using their vehicles as a type of storage place. I am one of those people, so usually in an emergency like this, I could find something to put on him even if it might be a skirt. The problem? We had just spend the morning cleaning out the van. And yes, that morning I had taken out a pair of Tirzah's pants that would have worked perfectly, but they were now in their proper place, the laundry basket. I did find a pair of Red underwear at the bottom of Zeb's diaper bag and put those on him.

So now "wonder under" was at least decent. We ran a couple of errands and then went to Wal-Mart. The big question, do I go in buy a pair of shorts come back out and then take him in or do I just figure, it's Wal-Mart and much stranger things have gone through the doors of Wal-Mart than a little boy with a shirt and underwear on. We chose option two. We made him sit in the cart or on Gil's shoulders. Our little "wonder under" boy made it through the Wal-Mart experience with no lasting scars. However, I am sure someone was saying "I can't believe those parents would bring their child to Wal-Mart with only underwear on."

No comments: