Friday, May 25, 2007

The Chores of my three year old

I recently bought a product called Accountable Kids. It is a board with pegs on it and the children have cards that go on the pegs. As they complete the chore they turn the card over on another peg. It has been working well, the children can look at the pictures and do what they need to without me needing to tell them what to do next.

This morning, I was in the barn doing my chores and Azariah came out in his PJ's crying while asking if I sold his goat. I told the children yesterday that we are going to sell our new buck and he doesn't want to, he afraid I am going to sell it without him knowing. I assured him I haven't sold it yet. He begged me not to sell it. I told him we needed to and that he needed to go do his chores. Tirzah came out with Zeb. She had done her chores and dressed Zeb for me. I was very pleased. Azariah went back in the house.

When I was done with my chores I went in the house and found Azariah with his chores done. There was only one problem, he isn't real good in choosing clothes to put on.


Azariah put on one of Zeb's sweatshirts and a pair of Tirzah's capri's. I believe he looked at the pile of clean clothes on the couch and chose a couple of items he liked and put them one, even though the sweatshirt doesn't really fit and the pants aren't long enough. I haven't told him he isn't wearing his own clothes because I was so pleased he did what he needed to do.

If we go into town I will make him change.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Kudos for effort! At least it wasn't a dress! :) David played dress up with the girls not long ago and Josh was absolutely horrified! Hey, the girls were the only ones willing to play with David that day! :)