Friday, May 18, 2007

Nighttime Wanderings...

First the three year old comes in to sleep with me, being his mother I immediately check his clothes for "wet". Sure enough the pull-up leaked and I am up changing his clothes and putting him back to bed.

A few hours later my mom ears hear something...that wasn't the one year old throwing up was it? Surely not. I stay in bed for another 30 seconds willing it not to be so...I get it up and sure enough he threw up. But he is happy so I change his sheets and PJ's, put him to bed and go back to bed myself.

Forty minutes later my five year old comes and and says that she just threw up. She did not get any on herself, but it is all over her bed and beloved Oliver, a stuffed dog. The distress at that time was that Oliver was wet and icky. I rinsed him off, but he had to be put on the washer to be washed the next day. That was the most stressful part for my little girl.

Why did they throw up? I have no idea, but both were fine. These events happened Wednesday night then last night I am awakened by cries of "Mommy, I can't find Oliver, I had him and now he isn't there." As if a little stealer came in the night and took him just for fun. I go out to her and look for Oliver when she says "I have to go potty." She goes potty and I can't find the stuffed animal. Finally I find it above her on the table. But not just at the edge but the middle. I put it by her, but she is already back to sleep even without her precious Oliver.

I go back to bed and enjoy the sleep until the alarm goes off at 5 AM. I tell my husband in the morning "I can't figure out how Oliver was were he was." He informs me that she was probably making him do acrobatics and she threw him up and left him. Until of course the middle of the night.

Like a friend of mine says "I think the children get together before they go to bed and say 'you take 1 AM, you take 2 AM and I'll take 4 AM.'"

What a gift from the Lord. As we were waiting for the children to get there beds put out on the floor last night, we had to keep saying "Enjoy the children, enjoy the children." What were they doing you may ask? Well they sleep on crib mattresses that we place on the living room floor. During the day, we put these mattresses up. They were putting them out. The three year old put his flat on the ground and then both the three year old and five year old put their faces to the ground and pushed the bed where it needed to go using the tops of their heads, while the one year old took a ride on it. This was only stressful because it was taking a long time, but we did enjoy the moment nowing this is a precious time.

No comments: