Thursday, April 19, 2007

What, oh what to blog about?



Well, my friend Aimee told me I should start a blog, so that is what I am doing. I guess the first thing I will explain is the name of my blog. Last December, I acquired 3 Nigerian Dwarf Goats, for the purpose of getting goat milk from them. So as I went to register my herd with the American Goat Society I needed a name. I came across Proverbs 27:26 & 27 which says:

Proverbs 27:26-27
The lambs will be for your clothing,
And the goats will bring the price of a field,
And there will be goats' milk enough for your food,
For the food of your household,
And sustenance for your maidens.
NAS

So I decided to look up the words for Milk and Goat in the Strong's concordance and they were "Chalab" pronounced (khaw-lawb') which is milk and "Ez" pronounced (aze) which is goat. Thus the name of my Goat herd and now my blog.Exciting things that we did today were to tatoo Fructoses ears. Fructose is a baby goat and tatooing the ears is necessary in order to register them. So now she has CEZ, which is my herd tattoo, in her right ear and X1 in her right ear. The X stands for the year and 1 means she was the first kid born to my herd this year. We are looking forward to Mocha one of my other does kidding in the next couple of weeks. She may even have two kids in her, but we will have to wait and see. So now I have green tattoo ink all over my fingers and pants, and Fructose didn't get out of the experience any better than me. She is now a kid with green ears and green spots on her neck. The picture at the top is Fructose.


After that, I decided to vaccinate my does so I get the needle and the vile of vaccine. My three year old son starts crying "no, no, no...". This did not help with my own nerveousness of giving the goats their vaccine for the first time without any help. What fun. I was able to get all three of the goats vaccinated that needed it.

Well, that's about it for my first blog because it is 9:06 PM and I get up at 5:18 AM to milk my goat. Why 5:18 AM you ask. It is because the two snooze alarms end at 5:18 AM. At least I get to see my husband off to work by getting up and then it gives me time to spend with my Great God and Savior before the wee little ones get up.



No comments: