Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tirzah and Talitha

The Triple Decker Bed

In our house we have a new bed. It is a triple bunk bed. Tirzah on the top bed, Azariah in the middle and Zeb on the bottom bed. This allows for two things. First, I don't have to worry about pushing a trundle bed in and out each day and the second thing is that it frees up the crib for Talitha. Now instead of carrying her pack n' play from our bedroom each night, I just carry her and put her in the crib. (The other three are too noisy so she still goes to sleep in our room.)

Last night I put her down in her crib and she woke up. I shut the door hoping she would fall right back to sleep. Tirzah was whimpering because she didn't want the door shut and both boys were already asleep. Then after a minute or two Gil and I heard Tirzah singing to Tally. "Jesus Loves Me" and "Wiseman Built His House Upon the Rock". This evening Tirzah told us that she had gotten down from her bed, crawled into the crib and held Talitha while she sang. Then Tally fell asleep and she put her down and went to bed herself. It was such a sweet picture in my mind of Tirzah cradling her little sister in her arms as she sung her to sleep, what precious children.

1 comment:

bjk said...

I put a comment on this one a long time ago...and I think I learned just now why it didn't take (while trying to post a comment on the TP post). I forgot what all I said, but part of it was that my 3 brothers also had a triple decker bunk for a while. The youngest like to get on top and jump off while the older ones would catch him. (There is a 10-year difference top to bottom.)