Monday, February 16, 2009

Azariah and Shopping

At Wal-Mart today the boys were very good. I left the girls with Gil and just took the boys. Wow, it is amazing how subtracting a child makes a huge difference. They never fought with each other and both were obedient.

After I went through the self checkout lane Zeb had to go potty so we made our way to the bathrooms. Azariah was riding on the bottom of the cart laying down. I looked down at him as we arrived at the bathrooms and his face was red and he was starting to cry.

Me: "Azariah, what is wrong?" (I thought I had run over his finger with the cart because he was holding his hand, I did not feel a bump though.)
Azariah: "I bit my fingers."
Me: "How did you bite your fingers?"
Azariah: "I was sucking on these three and I bit them."

Azariah reminds me of a scientist...smart, but at times lacking in common sense. But like a scientist, he usually learns from his experiements and doesn't repeat the same disaster twice, usually....

He nursed his fingers all the way home and tried to get out of helping to carry in the groceries, but it didn't work. When I told Gil what happened I started laughing. Azariah even asked if he needed a band aid.

No comments: