Monday, September 15, 2008

Does she really not sleep?

Every evening it seems my 6 year old, Tirzah, tells me she just can't go to sleep. I tell her to go in her room, lay down on her bed and close her eyes and she will go to sleep. Yet she always insists that it never works. I can not figure out why she doesn't think that it works. Every night she goes to sleep and every morning she wakes up. Usually she is asleep within a couple of minutes when she finally settles down.

It's funny how I, as a Christian, do the same thing to my Lord. Oh Lord, that doesn't work, you really don't want me to do that because it just won't work...Then I do what he tells me and it actually works. What about that? How stubborn I am to think that God's infinite plan won't work because my finite mind can't understand it or refuses to admit God is right. Oh Lord, help my stubborn heart to follow and obey you in all that I do.

No comments: