Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our 8th Anniversary

Yesterday was our 8th anniversary. We decided to buy a laptop for our anniversary so we just went out to dinner. We went to a nice French restaurant. I decided to get the half duck and Gil ordered the leg of lamb. We also ordered an appetizer of meats and cheeses from France.

Gil said "Do I just tell the waiter I want #14?
I said "Actually honey, that is the price."
Gil's eyes then popped out of his head and I helped him put them back in.

I found it rather comical since the cheapest appetizer was $9 and all of the main courses were over $20. Gil has come a long way since we married and it didn't phase him like it would have a few years ago. The food was good and Gil said he wouldn't have added anything to his dish which means he really liked it.

We then went to Cold Stone Creamery and bought some ice cream. The evening was very enjoyable. And I thank the Lord for the privilege of marriage to my wonderful husband.

1 comment:

Mom B said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad the Lord brought you and Gil together, and for your sweet clan!

Your love and home are a consistent testimony to the Lord!

Love to all...