Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Potty Training

So I have decided that I am tired of wasting money on human waste. That is to say, I am tired of buying diapers for my 2 year old, as well as my 4 year old (only for night). So when I went to cloth diapers for Zeb the 2 year old it was kinda grossing me out to rinse his yucky diapers in the toilet. Talitha's cloth diapers aren't bad, but Zeb's are nasty. So I have been working on potty training him. Understand that I am a very busy mom and am easily distracted myself. Well Zeb has gone poopy in the toilet a few times, but on the floor and in his underwear more.

Last night, Gil was talking to Zeb and praising him for having gone poopy in the potty chair that morning. However, when Zeb moved we noticed a nice little pile where he had been standing. While Daddy praised, Zeb pooped. Today no poop went in the potty chair, BUT he did tinkle in the potty chair twice, which he hadn't done before except when going poopy at the same time. And one of those times was this evening when he went into his room, came out with wide eyes and made it to the bathroom to tinkle in the potty chair. I was very excited because that means he is getting it. The only problem is that I don't have a guard on the front of the potty chair, so even though he is sitting down on the potty, I usually have to clean it up afterwards because it over shoots the edge. I am praying that the Lord would really allow Zeb to get it and be potty trained soon, that would be soooo nice.

Then for Azariah, he had been wearing pull-ups to bed, but since I have decided to "Go Green" he now wears some training pants and a plastic cover. Tirzah said something about it so after he went potty I checked to make sure everything was in place. He had put on a pair of is Mater underwear over the plastic pants. It was rather comical.

2 comments:

Hope said...

Aren't those the good ole' days??? :D Wow, it's been soooo long since we potty-trained our last one...almost a year!!! When will the next baby come??? :D
The Lord knows, my parents are just waiting.
Sarah p.

Mom B said...

Having raised 3 boys, might I suggest you train him to sit backward on the potty? It worked for one of my boys, who shall remain unspecified. He was able, also, to play with cars and army men on the back of the toilet...kept him amused while doing business.