Friday, May 30, 2008

Natural Tonics for Garden Plants

I went over to my mom's house today and saw a packet of Red Man Chew. I thought that a little odd. It made me wonder if my 22 year old sister had decided to pick up chewing...(just kidding Megan). Anyway I didn't think much about it.

My parents and sister went to JUCO tonight so Gil and I went over to their house to watch the Discovery Channel. Tirzah and Zeb came over and watched How It's Made with us. After that we were getting ready to leave and Gil went over to the stove and saw a pot of brown liquid on the stove. Their was a box of Woolang Tea on the counter and he figured that they had brewed some of that tea on the stove. Gil took a swig and then saw the Red Man Chew packet on the counter, realized the taste wasn't tea, put two and two together and spit it out in the sink.

On the table were recipes for natural tonics for plants. One called for making a Tobacco Tea. I was just relieved to know that the recipe that called for Tobacco Tea didn't include urine on the ingredients list like some of the recipes did. Tirzah then assured us that Gramgee hadn't not added anything else to the pot on the stove, at least when she was over there.

I hope the tonic works for the plants.

No comments: