Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Flarp and Geotrax don't mix...

Have you ever heard of Flarp? It is a moist gooey substance sold in a plastic container. You may ask, what is it used for...well as you squish and squeeze this gooey ooey stuff, you can make it sound like flatulence to put it nicely. My son received it in AWANA Cubbies last night for bringing a friend.

Well the first incident occurred on the way home when Tirzah and Azariah got it all over their hands and had a hard time getting it off. Then I looked up this morning to see Azariah vigorously shaking his hand to get the stuff off and Flarp was flying off his hand onto the carpet. I don't know what happens to this stuff when it dries out, if it does dry out. Well I had him put it up at that point for a while. Later they decided they wanted it to be a pond under their Geotrax train. I said no they could not put it on the carpet. How about the vinyl floor in the kitchen. No to that also because it would get really dirty. I can't imagine playing with Flarp and feeling little pieces of last weeks bread crumbs and jelly in it. Tirzah than got out a board that we color on and asked about using that. I said O.K.

They then set up the Geotrax Remote Control Train. They did not put the bridge over the overpass so they could see what would happen when the train fell into the "water". It went well for a while...until I had to spend thirty minutes getting the Flarp out of the wheels of the train so that it would work again. I failed to caution them about Flarp and wheel bearings.

No comments: