Thursday, February 21, 2008

Our Baby Arrives

On Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 3:30 AM I felt like I might be in labor. However, after 3 false alarms between January 21st and February 15th I was a little skeptical. I waited a couple of hours and then felt like this really was the real thing. I called the Midwife at 5:30 AM. He comes from Montrose about 1 1/2 hours from my house and his apprentice comes from Gunnison 2 1/2 hours from my house. Giving them plenty of time to arrive is crucial if you actually want the midwife at the birth :-).

We set up the birthing tub and waited. I didn't want to take a walk until the midwives arrived because I didn't want to have the baby come before they arrived. They arrived at 7:00 AM. Didn't want to go for a walk because my contractions were pretty painful at that point, but I did have to stay on my feet or they would really slow down. So after they had all their stuff set up and ready to go I decided I should probably eat breakfast. At about 8:00 AM I started making omelets. Neither midwife had eaten so I made each of them an omelet and myself one. By this time I was in great pain and did not feel like eating. I got into the tub about 9:00 AM and to my husbands great delight he eat my omelet for me :-). I had taken one bite and decided it wasn't for me...

Then at 9:29 AM our little girl was born. It went very well...O.K. lots of pain, but isn't that why the Word of God says in John 16:21

Soon after the birth.

"Whenever a woman is in labor she has pain, because her hour has come; but when she gives birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish because of the joy that a child has been born into the world."

Our wonderful little girl weighted in at 8 pounds 1 ounce. She is 20 1/2 inches long. Her head circumferance was 14 1/2 cm.


All dressed and ready to go!


Taneil and the baby an hour and a half after the birth.


Gil calls family to tell them the good news.

No comments: