Saturday, November 3, 2007

What is that on your foot?

Today as we were getting ready to go to a birthday party, Azariah comes in wearing my hiking boots. This isn't totally unusual but he doesn't do it that often anymore. I asked him to take off my boots and get ready to go. He then informs me that his foot is dirty. So taking his foot out of MY hiking boot I glance at it and see mud on the bottom of his foot squished up between his toes. I continue washing dishes as I tell him to wash it off in the sink and that he shouldn't but shoes on when he has mud on his foot.

Azariah dutifully gets up on the bathroom sink and cleans his foot. He then gets down and I asked where he got the mud on his foot. It hasn't rained here for awhile and so most mud puddles are dry. Azariah then informs me that it wasn't mud but dog poop.

At this point I am thinking of my defiled hiking boots and bathroom sink. I take him into the shower and I wash his foot and hands and then scrub down the sink. He was also told not to but shoes on if he steps in dog poop with bare feet.

The joy of little ones.

No comments: