Thursday, March 12, 2009

7 New Kids

Tirzah holding one of Spices little does

This morning the children, my mom and I went to Montrose and then the children and I went to the library. I had put three of the four goats who are due in the barn in case they decided to kid while we were gone.

I opened the car door and heard distressed bleating. I found Spice with the head of a kid coming out. She then proceeded to have three more kids. I actually put my hand in and pulled the third one out, it was backwards and though she had a few contractions, nothing was happening. All went well with all four kids and they are doing great.

Spice with her two bucks

At the same time I was watching Spice, Sugar was in her stall and pawing the ground. She looked rather uncomfortable, up and down, up and down. She finally had three kids. Her birthing was easier than Spices. All seven babies are doing well.

Sugar with her three girls

Spice had two bucks and two does. Sugar had all three does.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Is is common to have triplets and more?! I've heard of 3 once in awhile but not 4 or 5 and not regularly. Wow! The babies are all so sweet! How fun! :) Hope you are all doing well.