Saturday, December 6, 2008

Time for Sushi

Friday night, we had a sushi party. At a silent auction earlier this year, my parents bought a certificate for a Sushi demonstration party. So Gil and I were able to go to my parents house and learn how to make sushi. A chef from No Coast Sushi as well as the one of the owners came. It was a really good time. They taught us about the sauces, how to put together the sushi rolls and taught us about raw fish and fish quality. Each of us made our own rolls. We tried eel, raw tuna, raw salmon, crab, musculs and other stuff. I had a really good time.

Adam the Chef, the owner of No Coast Sushi and Megan

We talked with the owner and she told us all about where they get their fish and the high quality that it is. The Chef explained all about it and surprisingly the raw fish was really good. Like my dear friend Mrs. B always says, by the best quality of ingredients that you can afford.

Some of the rolled sushi

2 comments:

Mindy said...

What did the crap taste like? I see it at work all the time, but I could never bring myself to taste it.

Jordan Ruseler said...

Wow! That would be an interesting dinner! I don't know if I could eat that type of dinner or not! :)