Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Potential Fire Hazard

Azariah received a model rocket launcher with some rockets for his birthday. The first rocket we launched was on his birthday but it was windy and went about 1,200 feet in the air. The wind blew it a good mile away and we never found it. Then daddy and Azariah built two more rockets that came with the launcher. We have launched them multiple times and have had fun doing it.

Yesterday, Azariah asked "Mommy can I look at my rockets." I said "sure" and continued to work on my project. About 10 minutes later Tirzah and Azariah have the launch pad with one of the rockets on it. They are hooking up the launchers clips to the fuse. I think in my mind...surely there isn't an engine in the rocket, they are just hooking the clips up to an old fuse. Wanting to be safe and to teach them to becareful around rockets I get up and tell them that it isn't a good idea to do that in the house. I look and behold a new engine and fuse are in the rocket just waiting for the electricty needed to ignite it.

I was very thankful that I had the presents of mind to investigate what they were doing. They would never have done it on purpose, but I could see Azariah thinking "Oh look the little light is on that shows it is ready for launch, let's see what happens when we do it in the house." That would have been a disaster.

Isn't the Lord good!

1 comment:

djrepshire said...

We call this,"Mommy radar" at our house! Or that still small voice.:)